Rafting on the Wild West Coast
Join us on an incredible 2-Day Wilderness Rafting Trip in British Columbia's world-famous backcountry in the stunning Elaho and Squamish river valleys, just off the beaten path between Vancouver and Whistler. You’ll experience exhilarating whitewater rapids mixed in with extraordinary views of the Coast Mountain Range with its many glaciers, spectacular waterfalls, and abundant wildlife.
Whistler Expedition Highlights
Jam packed into 24 hours, on our Rafting Wilderness Expedition you’ll experience exhilarating whitewater rapids mixed in with extraordinary views of the Coast Mountain Range with its many glaciers, spectacular waterfalls, and abundant wildlife.
This rafting adventure is an ideal experience for corporate groups, families with teens, adventurous couples, and groups of friends looking for a quick two day expedition while in the Vancouver and Whistler area.
Start your vacation in Vancouver, then integrate this adventure into your itinerary on your way up to Whistler!
To maximize your experience in BC’s wilderness, group sizes are limited.
Whistler Rafting Details
Everything you need for an incredible 2 day experience:
- Instruction, training, and leadership from expert rafting guides.
- Rafting gear, wetsuits, booties, life jackets, and helmets.
- Dry bags to keep all your clothes and personal items secure and dry.
- Transportation from our rafting base at the Executive Suites Hotel & Resort in Squamish to and from the river. Transportation from Vancouver and Whistler is available upon special request. Contact us for details.
- A full salmon or steak dinner, desserts, snacks, and breakfast, all prepared fresh riverside by your guides.
- Non-alcoholic beverages throughout the trip.
*Please note: If practical, bring your own camping equipment. We do have gear available for rent for a nominal fee if needed.
Whistler Rafting Itinerary
Together we’ll challenge the exhilarating rapids of the Elaho River, the same route conquered by those participating on our popular Wet & Wild Elaho Exhilarator white water rafting trip. Our talented team of professional river guides will teach you the skills necessary to maneuver through these exciting Class 3-4 rapids including the challenging “Devil’s Elbow” section, used for Mark Burnett’s world famous Eco-Challenge Adventure Race.
Along with some of North America’s most exhilarating rapids, your river journey will take you through approximately 10 miles of British Columbia’s most inspiring wilderness. Take time to appreciate your surroundings and enjoy the world-class scenery including old growth forests, towering glaciers, and stunning waterfalls that cascade hundreds of feet toward the river.
At the end of the Elaho Exhilarator route, we’ll continue our journey for a few more miles down the river until we reach our remote wilderness camp area. All your supplies for the overnighter will be packed tightly on our rafts. As you climb off the rafts and onto the sandy beach, you’ll be greeted by smiling camp staff with a filling spread of hors d’oeuvres. While you change into your camp attire, your guides will prepare you a delicious three course meal. Then all you’ve got to do is relax by the fire and absorb the stunning views of the region. As the night ends, the expression “getting away from it all” will come to mind as millions of stars light up the sky! For big city folk, it doesn’t get much better than this.
Awake to the sound of the river, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and a delicious breakfast. Your second river day will be spent floating down the calm waters of the Squamish River, a much more gentle and serene river. The spectacular sights this river valley has to offer will allow you to enjoy old growth forests, glaciers, dormant volcanoes, waterfalls, and a wide variety of wildlife, scenery that you’ll see in very few other regions. Depending on water levels, you may have the chance to swim through rapids, and showcase your sense of balance in some of your guide’s amusing challenges.
Following your rafting trip we’ll take you back to our fully-equipped rafting base at the Executive Suites Hotel & Resort where you’ll be able to change back into your own clothes and enjoy the facilities at the resort including a full service restaurant and awesome fully-licensed outdoor patio area. Relax with your family and friends in the beautiful sunshine and comfort of the resort.
- Activity Level: Adventurous beginners.
- Experience Level: No prior rafting experience is required.
- Check-in: Start and end at our rafting base the Executive Suites Hotel & Resort in Squamish. Transportation to our base from Whistler and Vancouver is available upon special request. Ask us for details.
- Adventure Duration: 24 hours, over the course of 2 days and 1 night. Day 1 includes getting ready at our rafting base, busing to the river put in, approximately 2.5 hours of rafting, plus a great evening with dinner at our wilderness camping spot on the river. Day 2 includes breakfast, a relaxing 2 hour float down to the take out, and a quick bus ride back to our raft base. On Day 2 we’ll have you back at our base by 1PM.
- Restrictions: Must be 13+ years of age and weigh over 90 lbs.